The week I had been eagerly anticipating finally arrived, marked by a series of firsts in my life. Leaving behind the familiar streets of Mumbai, I embarked on a journey to Chennai, not by road, but aboard an airplane. The purpose of this voyage? To participate in the 10th edition of Praxis, a prestigious event held at the lavish ITC Grand Chola. Little did I know that this adventure would become a cherished memory from the moment I landed in Chennai.
As a volunteer for the event, our journey began with a unique task - packing around 400 to 600 bags, setting the stage for an eventful few days ahead. Throughout the event, our roles kept evolving, keeping us busy with various responsibilities. One memorable highlight was when we initiated a flash mob, a vibrant dance performance that ignited the spark of enthusiasm among the audience. It served as the perfect energizer, especially after their lunch breaks.
But our duties extended beyond dance routines and bag-packing. Networking with PR professionals became an assignment, a target to connect with industry experts and gain valuable insights. It was an opportunity to expand our knowledge and establish connections that would prove beneficial in our budding careers.
Praxis, unfolding over three days, was nothing short of a grand spectacle. More than 600 delegates, all passionate about the world of public relations, had congregated for this remarkable event. Among them, I was honored to be one of the 14 students entrusted with the responsibility of volunteering. It was my first experience at an event of this scale, and the excitement was palpable. However, Praxis had even more surprises in store for us.
During our regular classes, we had applied for scholarships, and Praxis was the moment of reckoning. To my delight, we not only secured one scholarship but three, further enhancing our journey. Yet, our journey was destined for even greater heights. Praxis also featured global nominations, shining a spotlight on our campus, SCoRe. The revelation that a fellow student from our class had clinched an award was nothing short of astonishing. It was becoming evident that our journey was turning into a treasure trove of experiences and successes.
As the days unfolded, I found myself attending keynote sessions, networking with industry luminaries, and gaining profound insights into the nuances of public relations. The event emphasized the utmost importance of punctuality and showcased the art of managing a sprawling three-day affair with impeccable precision. By the time we bid adieu to Chennai, we carried with us a legacy of memories and learnings. It was an experience that had transformed me, leaving an indelible mark. Above all, it taught me that learning is an ongoing process, and I was determined to keep exploring and moving forward.
One particular moment stands out during this remarkable journey. As a gesture of gratitude and to create lasting memories, we decided to gift a box of chocolates along with a heartfelt note to the hotel staff. It was a small yet meaningful way to express our appreciation for their hospitality and support.
In retrospect, my journey to Praxis, WPRF, and the Fulcrum Awards was more than just attending an event. It was an odyssey that profoundly transformed me, leaving behind memories to cherish and knowledge to treasure. As I look ahead, I am acutely aware that this was merely the beginning of my extraordinary voyage through the captivating world of public relations.
Comments
Post a Comment